Let’s just be honest, sometimes the week is too hectic to try and make food every night. Well, that no longer needs to be a problem. Costco salads have provided a nice, quick solution to all your dinner needs!
I used the Brussels sprout salad mix for this recipe. I also used my beloved chicken fat to saute everything in. A little bit of garlic plus any of your favorite spices or herbs and you’re set!
You could of course use other salad mixes such as the Asian salad mix but I would try to avoid anything with the soft iceberg lettuce as that tends to get both bitter and soggy when you cook it. Anything with things such as cabbage, or broccoli slaw, or even kale are all good to use as these kinds of vegetables/leafy greens tend to deal very well after being cooked.
Sauteed Brussel sprout mix
- 1 bag brussel sprout salad mix
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp. chicken fat (or olive oil)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Heat the fat in a pan until very hot, then add in the garlic and stir until it begins to brown.
- Add in the salad mix and some salt and stir it for another minute or two. Then add in the chicken broth and the mushrooms and let it cook covered for about 3-5 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- season with more salt if necessary and serve hot and enjoy!