A new flavor combination that I’ve been completely obsessed with lately: green onions and garlic. It tastes amazing especially with the texture and flavor of the package bamboo shoots.
A very simple recipe, I’m trying to find new “natural” flavor combinations and this happens to be one of them. I have probably made this before but oh well… it tastes so good!
Again, I’m using chicken fat because it adds both texture and lots of flavor to the dish. So let’s get cooking!
Garlic bamboo matchsticks and Brussels sprouts
- 4 scallions chopped, white and green parts separated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 brussel sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 package bamboo shoots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 tsp. chicken fat (or olive oil)
- 1 cup, baby king oyster mushrooms halved
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- heat the fat in a large pan and wait until it is very hot, then add in the garlic and white part of the scallions, stirring for about a minute then add inthe bamboo and let cook another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- add in the brussel sprouts and stir again for another minute.
- Add salt, mushrooms and chicken broth and cook covered another 3-5 minutes or until everything is cooked through
- Serve hot and enjoy!