I think I’m running out of fingers counting out the recipes inspired by my uncle. Cabbage being one of my favorite vegetables to cook, I am always looking for new recipes and flavor combinations to try!
This is a spicy, vinegary, and sweet dish that my uncle often makes (with noodles instead of cabbage) and it tastes great! When I talk about vinegar in this recipe, I mean the black Chinese or Chiangking vinegar. I also like to use Chinese chili oil to add a bit of heat. So let’s get to cooking!
- 1 cup snow peas, halved
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 tsp. chili oil with chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. black chinese vinegar
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a pan and then add in both the red onions and snow peas letting it cook for about a minute
- then add in the cabbage along with the chicken broth and cook for another 3 minutes. Also add in the vinegar cooking anohter 3-5 minutes to allow it to fully cook down
- Once thoroughly cooked add some salt to taste, sugar, chili oil, and more vinegar if necessary.
- serve hot and enjoy!