I normally just like to throw everything in s pot and just let it boil and call it soup but today I was feeling like putting in a little bit of effort, and I must say it definitely paid off. Grilling the zucchini and tomatoes allowed much more depth of flavor.
A great flavor combination is tomato and cilantro. It’s a very common flavor profile in Chinese cuisine and is absolutely amazing!
I don’t think much more can be said about soup to be honest. Enjoy the recipe!
Grilled zucchini and tomato soup
- 3 zucchinis cut into coins
- 2 tomatoes chopped roughly
- white pepper
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1 package bunapi mushrooms
- Heat some olive oil in a medium sauce pan and once hot add in the zucchini and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring every so often
- Then add int he tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add in the chicken broth, mushrooms, some salt, and cook for another 5 minutes or so until it begins to boil.
- Turn off the heat and add in the cilantro and white pepper
- serve and enjoy!