This soup is super simple and tasty! It’s an family favorite and whenever we make it, there’s almost a fight over who gets the first sip! Made with gut busting kimchi and deliciously soft tofu, it’s a perfect week night dish.
There’s really no secret to this recipe except to add as much kimchi as possible! You can use water or chicken broth as the kimchi is enough to flavor everything anyways. It’s so simple. I swear we had a huge pot of it and just me and my mom finished the whole thing! This is one of those “the simpler, the better” recipes.
Tofu and Kimchi soup
- 1 small jar of kimchi
- 1/2 head of cabbage (optional)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 package silken tofu cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- add all the ingredients into the pot and cook for 20-30 minutes. Add salt if necessary
- If you want more firm tofu. add it in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Add a dash of white pepper for an extra kick!