This recipe was created out of my willful intent to make ratatouille but was too lazy to go to the store to buy some bell pepper and the fact that I did not feel like taking too much time to cook. Seasoned with herbes de provence, this flavorful dish will definitely please the family and be gone in an instant!
I originally was going to bake this but I happened to run out of time, so i just cooked it in my sauce pan instead.
The importnatn part of this recipe is to make sure that theres not too much water in the dish. To avoid this, I grilled the onions and salted both the eggplant and the cabbage before tossing them into the pan. I also skinned the eggplant to avoid any weird textures in my dish.
It’s always nice to have a little bit of chicken broth on hand to avoid it from drying out.
The herbes de provence are basically a strong herb mix that ususally involves a strong rosemary and lavender flavor. You only need a little bit to flavor the dish. It will also give a nice aroma to the whole dish as well.
Yes, lots of chicken recipes because that’s all I have! As seen in the picture, I opened up the chicken so that I could see if it was done, and it also helped it cook through at the end.
Pan-roasted herbed chicken breast with vegetables
- 2 chicken breasts marinated with salt and pepper for at least one hour
- 1/4 tsp. herbs de provence
- 2 eggplant, cubed, peeled and salted
- 1/3 large cabbage, roughly chopped and salted
- 2 large zucchini cut into thin coins
- 1 whole onion diced
- 1 package of bunapi musjrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- black pepper
- olive oil
- grill the onions in some olive oil and salt. This will help ensure that all the moisture is drawn out and give the onions a much deeper flavor.
- Pat dry both the eggplant and the cabbage and mix together all the vegetables, pepper and spices in a large bowl. Heat a large skillet or pan on the stove adding about 1 tsp. of oil to the pan.
- Once the pan is hot, dump in the vegetable-herb mix and place the chicken on top. Cook on high covered for about 30 minutes, adding in the chicken broth about 10 minutes in to cooking.
- Check to make sure that the chicken is cooked all the way.
- Serve and enjoy with family!