This is a great recipe for just one. I have a hard time cooking in smaller portions because I am very much used to cooking for 4-5 people or for several meals. Cooking for one has been quite a challenge since that means less of everything. But this was the perfect recipe for me as someone who loves my veggies, the zucchini and tomatoes were just enough for me!
A tip for this, is to cook the vegetables on one side of the pan while cooking the chicken on the other side. I of course put the chicken on first, then added the vegetables later.
Another tip is that you shouldn’t cook the zucchini noodles for too long or else it will get soggy an fall apart.
Zoodles with cherry tomatoes and herb-garlic chicken
- 1 shallot sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- chicken tenders marinated with salt, thyme, and rosemary( I just used 1 but you could always add more)
- 2 zucchinis, use a spiralizer or hand held vegetable noodle maker to make zoodles
- 1-2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- olive oil
- add in a sauté pan some oil and brown shallots and garlic
- add in chicken and cook covered until brown, about 3-4 minutes per side
- you can put the chicken on one side of the pan while cooking the other veggies
- add in a couple tablespoons of the chicken broth along with the onions and cook until onions are soft and broth has begun to caramelize(turn brownish) on the bottom
- add in the zucchini noodles along with some salt and stir for about 1 minute, if the pan is getting too dry add in some more broth, a spoonful at a time
- add in cherry tomatoes and some basil and cook covered for about 2 minutes, once all the veggies look nice and tender turn off heat and add salt if necessary
- plate and add some pepper(if you want) for a nice little kick!