Again, my everlasting love for tofu has produced yet another recipe. While it may seem very counterproductive to cook meat with tofu, it just tastes much better. Using finely minced beef and white pepper as a base, this was super easy to make (as are most of these dishes).
Beef and pepper tofu
- 1 package silken tofu cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 oz. finely minced beef marinated in 1 tbsp. seasoned soy sauce + 1/2 tsp. sugar
- white pepper
- 1/2 + 1/2 cup chicken broth (1/2 + 1/2 is intentional)
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms finely sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth + 2 tsp. starch
- green parts of 1 scallion chopped
- light soy sauce
- heat some oil in a pan, make sure it is very hot then add in the beef cooking thoroughly, stirring constantly. Then add in 1/2 a cup of chicken broth
- add in the tofu and gently stir. Add in the mushrooms and allow to cook down for about 2-3 minutes covered. If there is not enough liquid, then add in the other 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- after the mushrooms have wilted add some more soy sauce to taste as well as the chicken broth and starch mixture and allow to cook uncovered for another 3-5 minutes.
- Turn of the heat and add in the white pepper and scallion greens.
- serve hot and enjoy!