Simple and light flavors after my big mass of Indian eating is a true delight right now. After that Korma a couple days ago, the thought of rich flavors and foods are so unappealing. This was very fun and simple to make. I think the olive flavor got really intensified after using both olives and olive oil!
I love making zucchini noodles, there’s something so calming and satisfying about the act. However, it becomes truly frustrating when you get a big hunk of a zucchini that does not fit within the handheld spiralizer thus dashing my perfect zucchini noodle dreams.
The little bit of wine in this recipe adds a bright flavor to the dish which I think really complements the olive and garlic base. Surprising, “frying” the olives really draws out much of their flavor.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
Garlic and olive zucchini pasta
- 3-4 zucchinis, spiralized
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed and finely minced
- black pepper
- olive oil
- heat some oil in a pan so that it gets very hot, then add in garlic and olives, stirring until garlic begins to turn golden brown
- de-glaze pan with white wine and add in zucchini along with a pinch of salt. Allow to cook covered for about 1-2 minutes so that the zucchini becomes just a bit soft.
- then uncover and add in some freshly cracked black pepper and more salt if necessary. stir until desired texture is reached
- serve hot and enjoy