I am probably a very weird person when it comes to my food. I love eating the top portions of my porridge, I love scraping off the bottom of the rice cooker, I even purposefully buy the smallest and odd shaped sweet potatoes simply because I think they look cute. So when it comes to other foods such as zucchini, the more I can change the shape the better!
I know that sounds weird but i feel like it’s another way to encourage me to eat the food I prepared or even eat more of it. Though I don’t have any children, I know that if I were a kid I would eat zucchini noodles any day simply because they are fun! I think veggie noodles are a great way to get your kids to eat more veggies and maybe even yourself.
You don’t have to buy those big and fancy spiralizers to get those nice noodles. Go to Walmart and get a handheld one (or whichever store that supplies kitchenware). It’s a very fun tool to use, and I do use it often.
Now for this recipe.
I use lots of zucchini because I grow them in my yard (fun fact! they are called courgettes in some parts of Europe) and so they grow fast and BIG. I also love kimchi, however when its been a week so far in the fridge with just a little bit left, you know you need to use it up. So why not put the two together?
Zoodles with Kimchi
- 3-4 zucchini, spiralized (maybe 2-3 cups of zucchini noodles)
- 1/3 cup kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 king oyster mushroom, sliced
- white pepper
- heat some oil in a pan, then add in the kimchi and stir for about a minute.
- Add in the zucchini noodles along with the mushrooms and some water. Cook covered until soft about 3-5 minutes. Or you can leave them in for a little less time so they have a nice bite to them
- add some salt, a pinch of sugar, and even a dash of white pepper if you like.
- Serve and enjoy!