This is a very simple dish, but I love making it as much as possible. it’s really tasty and very easy to make, all you need is beans, garlic, soy sauce and a bit of sugar and then you have a great dish.
This is one of those dishes where everyone fights over the bowl. It’s an incredibly tasty dish, but also a very traditional one especially in my family. My mom use to make this all the time, and now having come to me, it has been perfected.
You can use either string beans or green beans, both work pretty well, just make sure to cook it for a while so that they become nice and tender or if you like them crunchier, then not as long.
stir-fried string beans
- 1 lb. string or green beans, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons regular soy sauce ( it’s important what kind you use, it need to be FULL sodium soy sauce or else the dish won’t work)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- heat some oil in a pan, then brown the garlic
- add in the beans along with the soy sauce and some water and cook covered for 7 minutes.
- Once cooked, add the sugar and cook covered another 2-3 minutes or until completely tender.