Just in general, anything with leek is absolutely wonderful. Of course, the classic combination of pork and celery is also visible in this recipe as well. I never get tired of putting out celery recipes as I feel that they are a very under-recognized and underappreciated vegetable.
Celery leek cao-su
• 1 whole celery thinly sliced
• 2 oz. pork thinly sliced marinated in Chinese cooking wine, tsp. Fresh grated ginger, and light soy sauce
• 1/2 package pickled mustard strips
• olive oil
• 1 tsp. Sugar
• 1/2 leek finely chopped
• 2 tbsp. Light soy sauce
- Heat oil in a wok and cook pork first, cook until there’s no pink spots then add in the pickled mustard and stir fry for another minute
- Add in leeks cooking until wilted then add in the celery, mushrooms, light soy sauce, and sugar. Allow to cook covered for about 3-4 minutes so that the celery is nice and tender
- Once tender add salt to taste if need be then serve and enjoy!!!