If you want your vegetable and meats to come together in just one dish but enough for your whole family, then this is great because you can do exactly that. What’s even better is that you can add literally whatever you want in this. It’s a very hard recipe to mess up (although not cooking it for long enough will get you into trouble).
when it’s not hot, my family typically makes this every week or so. It really lasts only two days but it’s soooooo yummy! The secret is cooking it with whole cloves of garlic and allowing it to cook for a very long time.
Rubbing the skins with a little bit of olive oil will give you that nice crisp texture, almost like fried chicken but without the frying and much better for you!
Be careful, this is the one night where I tend to overeat because everything is so good. i end up regretting it though once my stomach is about to explode. Everything in this is pretty filling so you may want to pace yourself, or just convince yourself that you have worked hard to make this so it’s okay to stuff your face every once in a while
There are no regrets while eating this, just an fyi.
revolutionizing the way you bake chicken
- 10-12 drumsticks (we used organic) wash and pat dry with paper towels, marinate generously salt making sure all the skin is covered for about 1 hour
- 6 eggplants roughly chopped
- 1-2 carrots roughly chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 whole knob of garlic ( make sure you don’t remove the skins!)
- celery, 2-3 stalks chopped
- Brussels, 2-3 handfuls halved
- 1-2 tomatoes sliced
- basil –
- 2-3 zucchini dives
- mushrooms about 1 cup
- bamboo (if available goes great with this dish)
- cauliflower about 1/2 a head
- asparagus is another great addition (however much to your liking)
Directions• preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
• lightly grease a 10×14 pan or one of similar size
• place eggplant on the very bottom • then sprinkle all the rest of the vegetables EXCEPT THE TOMATOES on top (the garlic should be broken up with the WHOLE CLOVE INCLUDING THE SKIN evenly distributed throughout the pan)
• next place the chicken on top of the veggies making sure the chicken covers all of the vegetables
• place the tomato and basil on top of the chicken, this will help keep some moisture in your chicken
• bake 1 1/2 -2 hours
This recipe is one of my family’s favorite and usually a meal this size lasts for barely a day maybe a day and half for 4 people. (As you can see we already dug into it, it’s just too tasty to wait to eat 🤤😋) It’s very easy and best of all the recipe is very flexible! The ingredients listed above are merely suggestions. Most often we use whatever we happen to have in our fridge however the eggplant is a must! If you have never liked eggplant before I can guarantee you will fall in love after this recipe!