Time to break out the tofu and finally use it! For a great vegetarian dish just remove the pork. It’s honestly a very easy dish with very few ingredients. Ideal for those busy nights when there’s just no time to cook.
Just a tip: slightly “frying” the tofu strips helps to bring out the flavor more instead of adding it to an already soupy mixture.
The reason for using such little pork is that it’s merely there for flavor, its not the star f the dish. Most of my dishes that actually use pork will never really contain it in any amount more than 3-5 oz. Mainly because I’m not a big fan of pork and also because any more than that would make the dish taste too weird.
Tofu with chives
• 1/2 package baked savory tofu, thinly sliced
• 3 oz. lean pork thinly sliced and marinated with 1/2 tsp minced ginger, shaoxing cooking wine, and a pinch of sugar
• 1 bunch chives chopped
• olive oil
• light soy sauce
- Heat oil in a pan and add in pork. Cook until all pink spots are gone then add in the tofu and a little bit of soy sauce and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes stirring often. Remove from heat and set aside into a separate bowl.
- Then add in a little bit more oil and some chives along with a little bit of sugar and some salt and stir until it’s Wilted down about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the already cooked tofu and pork and mix together for another minute
- Turn off heat, serve and enjoy!!!