Since kohlrabi already has a little of that chive flavor, I thought why not embrace and embolden that flavor with actual chives! This is a very quick and easy dish that is very easy to make! If you like garlic then this is perfect for you. (Of course don’t eat this too often or else you might lose all your friends.)
I suggest that when cutting the chives, cut off a big chunk off the bottom and use only the more “leafy” parts as it might get a bit stringy and stick in between your teeth.
Kohlrabi with chives
• 1 tomato sliced
• 1 medium kohlrabi peeled and diced
• 1 cup chipped snow peas (optional)
• 1 bunch chives (chopped)
• 1 clove garlic minced
• 2 scallions chopped
• 3 shiitake mushrooms sliced
• olive oil
- Keep boil in a pan then add in scallions and garlic and stir for about one minute just so that they get fragrant then add in the kohlrabi and cover for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in the snow peas(if using) stir for about a minute or so then add in mushrooms, chives and tomatoes and cover for about 3 minutes stirring every so often.
- Add a pinch of sugar and add salt to taste, if the chives need more time cover for another minute or two.
- Serve and enjoy!!!