If you want something very quick and easy then look no further than this recipe, I think on this particular day I just wasn’t feeling the 30 minutes of cooking. So I threw everything in my beloved cast iron, and enjoyed a nice but quick meal.
We can all hope for some long description of the pepper I used or maybe even how to prepare and cut the zucchini, but this is a simple recipe, I’m pretty sure very few people would actually like to hear (okay read!) what I have to say about this plain old dish. Excuse me, it may be a plain old dish, but it sure is tasty. Sorry, I’m done…
One pan skillet chicken with grilled zucchini
• 3 chicken tenders
• 2 zucchinis
• 1/2 onion
• 7-8 chopped mushrooms or however much you want
• olive oil
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with salt and pepper on both sides
- Heat skillet for about 3-4 minutes, make sure it’s SUPER hot then add olive oil
- Add chicken on one side of the pan and onions and mushrooms on the other. Stir mushrooms and onions for about three minutes until somewhat soft. You may want to add some salt to the mushrooms and the onions.
- Remove the onions and mushrooms and check the chicken. You want to grill the chicken just enough so that both sides are dark golden brown.
- Flip the chicken if you need to and then add in a little more oil and the zucchini. Grill the zucchini until tender so about 5 minutes or so also flipping the chicken if necessary. Season the zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Remove everything from the heat plate, serve, and enjoy !!!