Brussels sprouts and broccoli are two of three things that i’m never without in my fridge (the third being zucchini of course). A little bit of basil and some garlic really just brings out the flavor of two into an OH so good dish.
I cannot explain my disappointment in the lack of emoji’s present on my keyboard. How much more interesting these post could be if an expression was able to be tied to each and every one of my opinions and tasting reviews (pretend that there is a very glum faced emoji here, you know, the one with the flat mouth and eyes). But that’s okay, I hope my words and any apparent sarcasm can pick up where those emoticons may have been more efficient.
Warning: Don’t eat too much broccoli in one day. I learned this in an utmost uncomfortable and pungent way. It makes you VERY gassy. I usually don’t eat the stalk and the broccoli florets at the same time because of this problem, just save the stems for later or pickle them with some salt and sugar!
Basil Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts
• 2 heads of broccoli with stems removed, chopped somewhat finely
• 2 handfuls of Brussels sprouts chopped relatively small as well
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• handful of fresh basil shredded
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Heat Oil in a pan and then add garlic cooking until fragrant then add in the broccoli and cook covered for about one minute.
- Add in the brussels sprouts along with the basil and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. You may want to add a little bit of water just so that all the vegetables are nice and tender
- Season to taste then serve and enjoy!!