A great Indian dish if your taste buds are ready for an overload of spices. Of course the classic cumin and turmeric to create a beautifully colored dish. This is typically made with cauliflower, potatoes and peas but I didn’t happen to have much potatoes or peas at the time. Even with the substitutions, it still tasted great!
Gobhi Matar Rasedar
spiced cauliflower, green beans, and zucchini garnished with cilantro
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2-3 zucchinis diced
- In a medium sauce, heat some ghee/butter/chicken fat to medium high heat.
- Add in cumin along with turmeric and red chili flakes or red pepper and coriander and stir for about a couple of seconds and then add in cauliflower (chopped in to small and let cook for about one minute
- Add in green beans and zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Add in some mushrooms along with tomatoes and let simmer for about 3 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add some salt and chicken broth and simmer on medium-low heat covered for another 15 minutes. If you don’t want it to be too watery you can partially cover the pot.
- Garnish with some cilantro and add more salt if necessary