Another great tofu recipe! The dried lily flowers add a very unique but delicious sweetness to the dish, and the combination of textures really appeals to the palette.
Sweet soy sauce tofu
- ½ package extra firm baked tofu cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup dried lily flower, soaked with ends chopped of
- Small handful of dried wood ear mushrooms, soaked
- 4-5 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and cut into thirds (keep the liquid used to
- soak the mushrooms about ½ cup)
- 1 cup snow peas, whole
- ½ large carrot thinly cut on a bias
- 1 tsp. honey powder or honey
- 2-3 tbsp. regular soy sauce
- Mushroom liquid + 1 tsp. starch
Heat some oil in a pan, then throw in the carrots and let cook covered for about a minute. Then add in the snow peas, stir, and let cook covered for another minute or two. Next add in tofu stir for a minute, then add in lily flowers and mushrooms along with the soy sauce and honey powder and let cook covered for another minute Add in mushroom liquids + starch mixture and cook for another 3-5 minutes Add more salt if necessary then serve and enjoy!