I’ve been a little tired of stir frying food lately so I thought, with my basil plant directly in front of me, I’m craving some Italian flavors. Having previously seen a bunch of broccoli on the TV smothered in garlic and olive oil, I created this concoction and was very pleased. Of course the chicken I used was marinated in both Chinese cooking wine and soy sauce but it still tasted pretty good and different enough for me.
Basil chicken with broccoli and cauliflower
• One whole chicken breast sliced marinated in a little bit of light soy sauce
•One whole head of broccoli blanched
• quarter of a head of cauliflower
• handful of fresh basil
• pinch of red pepper flakes
• Olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic minced
- Heat a pan really hot and then add in the olive oil then add in the garlic and cook for a couple seconds until the garlic begins to brown. Then add in the chicken and constantly stir cooking until completely cooked through.
- Halfway through cooking the chicken remove any of the juices that collect at the bottom and collect into a separate bowl you will need this for later.
- When the chicken is done cooking set aside on a separate plate and allow the pan to reheat itself for about another minute or two.
- Then add in the cauliflower and broccoli and sister for about another minute then add back in the cooked chicken along with some of the red pepper flakes and some salt store for about another minute then add in the juices that we saved from earlier with a handful of fresh basil and just let simmer for about another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!